1. Read Chapters 31-35 from Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.
2. Read the following prompt:
When Henry hides the photo albums that belong to Keiko’s family, his parents see this as a betrayal of their family and their values. Henry and his father have an explosive argument.
- Do you think there was any way that they could make one another understand and accept their reasoning?
- Is this just a parent/child argument?
- Is this because Henry feels American and his father does not?
- Is it wrong for Henry’s father to feel the way he does?
- If Henry’s father lived a long time, do you think he could change?
- Should Henry have obeyed his father about Keiko and her family and their belongings?
3. Write a 200-word response to this prompt. Use examples from the novel to support your points. Provide references to page numbers where you’ve found this information.