Introduction and Alignment
To draw the project to a conclusion, in this workshop you will develop a complete and final draft of your Health Policy Analysis. The paper will incorporate information from the previous assignments to present a professional quality analysis suitable for use by a legislator.
The presentation is to include the following sections:
- Problem Statement
- Policy Options
- Policy Recommendation
The paper is not a copy and paste of the previous assignments. Rather, it is a concise presentation of the Health Policy Analysis. Some important things to consider. First, consider your audience. This analysis is for a member of the legislature. These are very busy individuals who are required to process large amounts of information. Direct, concise, and relevant messages work best. Therefore, this Health Policy Analysis paper can be no longer than 5 pages. Second, make sure to clearly address each section of the analysis. By the end of the paper, the reader should have enough information to make a decision. Third, sell your policy recommendation. You want the decision-maker to believe yours is the best solution to the policy issue.
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Analyze a health policy issue.
- Conduct a health policy analysis.
- Identify biblical principles applicable to a health policy.
- Create a formal health policy analysis paper.
- Textbook: Teitelbaum, J. B., & Wilensky, S. E. (2015). Essentials of health policy and law (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning
- Review Chapter 14 of Essentials of Health Policy and Law
- Carefully review the grading rubric for the Health Policy Analysis.
- Review information from previous assignments.
- Prepare a professional quality paper presenting your Health Policy Analysis.
- In the paper, address the following:
- Introduction to the policy issue and the problem statement.
- The background and landscape of the policy issue.
- Policy options and the criteria used to come to a recommendation.
- The policy recommendation, including why the policy option was chosen, and ways, if any, to mitigate negative aspects of the option.
- Any biblical principles applicable to the recommendation.
- Be sure to consider the audience in the formulation of the Health Policy Analysis.
- The paper should be no longer than 5 pages, not including title and reference pages.
- Include Title and Reference pages.
- Use proper spelling, grammar, and APA formatting.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor by the end of the workshop.