1. Familiarize yourself with the websites of some TNCs
2. Begin to get a sense of how TNCs present themselves, and how they are talked about in popular discourse
3. Decide what company you will be studying and why you want to study it.
- Read the ‘Choosing Your TNC’ guidelines below.
- Review at least 7 websites from the Research Resources file Try to view a broad selection from the different categories in the file.
- Review the web sites of TNC’s (a minimum of 5 total):
- Browse the top 50 Fortune 500 companies. Look up the home page for 2-3 of them. A list of the fortune 500 companies can be found here (Links to an external site.). (Links to an external site.)
- Look up the web site for 1-2 products that you own or regularly use or shops that you regularly visit that you really, really, really love.
- Look up the company web site for some product that you really wish you could have but can’t for some reason or another (a Ferrari, Stealth Aircraft, whatever).
1. Submit a short statement (maximum 2 paragraphs) that answers the questions below. At the top of the page, type the name of the company you will be researching in bold print.
a) What are one or two of the more interesting things you found looking at the links on the Research Resources page? Did you find anything unexpected or surprising?
b) What TNC will you be researching throughout the quarter? What does it make/do? Why are you choosing it?