You will find in American Promise, volume 2, 6thedition on pages 484-485 excerpts from the diaries of women who moved west and tried to farm the land—homestead. These are not available in the 7th edition, but a copy is also available as a .pdf file on the E-Campus course page under Unit 1: Industrializing America 1877- 1900 when you hit the LESSONS tab.
Write in Microsoft Word a short paper in which you explain what you think about the experiences of these women? What do you think about their hardships and the advantages they had through the experience?
Most importantly, what do you think about their experiences? Could you see yourself in their shoes, risking everything to go west and contending with the same environment that they confronted? What have you learned about the American past from their experiences? I want to see your reactions, thoughts, and analysis.
Note: With Respect to your short written analysis:
1. These are not collaborative projects. Each student’s work must be his or her own work. I enforce the college’s code of academic dishonesty to the letter.
2. You will type your name on the upper, right-hand corner.
3. The paper will be double-spaced.
4. Any kind of block style is unacceptable. You will indent each paragraph FIVE spaces. Failure to indent properly paragraphs will result in an automatic ten-point deduction in your grade.
5. Save the File in Microsoft Word as a .doc or .docx and name the file by your last name.
6. You will submit your paper by the DEADLINE below under the ASSIGNMENTS tab.
WHEN IS YOUR SHORT ANALYSIS DUE? No LATER THAN: 23 October 2018
You are expected to e-mail papers to me in Microsoft Word on time. No late paper can be accepted unless you discuss with me why the paper might be late prior to its due date. Such a paper will be penalized 10 points for each day in which it is late.