You have been working as a technology associate in the information systems department at Corporation Techs for almost three months now. Yesterday, you got an e-mail, which specified that a security breach has occurred in your company. The other members of your team also received such e-mails. You checked the firewall logs and it confirmed the security breach.
Later, your team took corrective actions in the environment. They isolated the incident and assessed the damage. Today, your manager calls you and asks you to create an executive summary report detailing the events to be presented to executive management. You need to include a summary of corrective options, which may be in the form of architectural adjustments or other configuration changes that will prevent the reoccurrence of this incident in the future.
You need to create a post-incident executive summary report that addresses a security breach. Include an overview of actions taken at each phase of the incident response. Also include suggestions for corrective modifications that would prevent the incident from reoccurring.
- Textbook and Internet
- RS Assignment 4 Post incident Executive Summay Report Template.docx (YOU MUST USE THIS TEMPLATE TO GET FULL CREDIT)
- Format: Microsoft Word
- Font: Arial, Size 12, Double-Space
- Citation Style: APA>
- Length: 1â€“2 pages>
- Spelling and Grammar count
- I included all six incident response phases in my executive summary report.
- I displayed an understanding of firewall strategies when discussing corrective options in the report.
- I concisely and clearly summarized information so that an executive can easily absorb the material.