NOTE: BOOK WILL BE ATTACHED AFTER BID IS ACCEPTED
ANSWER EACH QUESTION WITH AN ANSWER AND NOT IN THE FORM OF A PAPER. INCLUDE BOOK REFERENCES WHERE NEEDED.
A Legacy of Israel: The Wisdom Literature
Chapter 13 -The Old Testament Story
Prov. 1-9, 22-24; Job; Ecclesiastes; Psalms 1, 8, 22, 23,
32, 45, 51, 74,116, 117, 119, 139
1. How did the Egyptian “Instruction of
Amenemopet” influence the Israelite book of Proverbs?
2. What is the role of Satan in Job 1 and 2?
3. Why is Ecclesiastes called skeptical wisdom?
4. What evidence suggests that the book of Psalms is a
collection of songs produced over a long period of time?
5. What are the various ways readers might understand the
The Time of Silence: Judah in Eclipse
Chapter 14 -The Old Testament Story
Ruth, Esther, Daniel
6. Identify Ptolemies, the Seleucids, Antiochus the Great,
and Antiochus Epiphanes.
7. What position concerning Jewish ethnicity does the book
of Esther support?
8. Why do some interpreters view the book of Ruth as a
response the marriage policies in Ezra and Nehemiah?
9. What were the viewpoints of the universalists and the
particularists in post-Exilic Judaism? What conditions gave rise to these opposing
10. What are the two major divisions of the book of Daniel?
The Continuing Story
Chapter 52 – The Old Testament Story (Go to the website
(click on link in column to the left) and spend some time reviewing some of the
documents found in the caves at the Dead Sea site. Read about the collection
and learn why they are so important still today. )
Also Read: Dead Sea Scrolls
11. How were the Samaritans related to Judaism?
12. Why is the Dead Sea Scrolls set identified as an
13. Why is it not completely accurate to speak of the
Apocrypha as extrabiblical literature?
14. Why does the Protestant Old Testament not include the
books of the Apocrypha?
15. What do the Dead Sea Scrolls contribute to our knowledge
of the Bible and first-century B.C.E. Judaism?