Focus of the Reflective Paper
The primary function of human resource management is to increase the effectiveness and contribution of employees in the attainment of organizational goals and objectives. Consider all the areas of HRM:
- EEO and Affirmative Action,
- Human resources planning, recruitment, and selection,
- Human resources development,
- Compensation and benefits,
- Safety and Health, and
- Employee and labor relations.
Submit a Reflective Paper in which you explain how these aspects work together to perform that primary function. Are any aspects more important than the others? Why or why not? How do you believe the HRM role can be optimized for shaping organizational and employee behavior?
The Reflective Paper must: (a) identify the main issues in the chosen area, (b) identify specific current and/or future applications and relevance in a gunsmithing shop, and (c) reflect the potential impact to your career plans in the gunsmithing profession. The emphasis of the Reflective Paper should be on parts ‘b’ and ‘c.’
Writing the Reflective Paper
The Reflective Paper:
- Must be seven to eight double-spaced pages in length, excluding the cover page and reference page, and formatted according to APA style
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use at least one scholarly source.
- Must use APA style.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference List that is completed according to APA style.