Evelyn Baring, Modern Egypt (London: Macmillan, 1908) (in course guide)
- How does Baring describe the European mind? The “Oriental” mind?
- What are the main differences he identifies between the two?
- Why might Baring take the position that he does on those differences?
- What does Baring say about the Oriental’s ability to learn?
- What role do race and colonialism play in Baring’s analysis?
“Edward Said on Orientalism,” Sut Jhally, Director, 1998, YouTube,
- What is Orientalism?
- In what kinds of sources can one find examples of Orientalism?
- How does terrorism factor into the concept and history of Orientalism?
Please indicate where to find the answer, which page, which paragraph, which sentence?
do not plagiarize