1.) How are headings used in technical writing?
1.They are used to help the reader find page numbers for necessary information.
2. They are used to draw attention to critical ideas or concepts within the text.
3.They are used to indicate where the important information in the text can be found.
4. They are used to summarize the main idea of each paragraph.
2.)Fatima is watching a documentary about the process for safely sealing lead-based paint. She notes that the text uses a sequential order.
What is the purpose of the sequential organization in this text?
1.It clarifies exactly the order of tasks that need to be completed.
2. It gives an overview of the history of health risks associated with lead-based paint.
3. It provides advice on how to find paint that is not lead-based.
4.It offers multiple options for how to complete the process.
3.) Review the example of a procedural text: Instructions on how to use a software system to obtain end-of-year tax forms from your employer.
What is the purpose of this text?
1. to explain why all employees must download their tax information
2. to make it easier for the company to distribute the tax information to employees
3. to demonstrate how to file taxes with the federal government
4. to outline the process employees will use to download tax information 4.) Review the excerpt from a technical text:
4.)Frequently Asked Questions about Splitting Federal Income\Ref
You have several options for receiving your federal income tax refund. You can: â€¢Split your direct deposit refund among two or three different accounts, with up to three different U.S. financial institutions;
â€¢Direct deposit your refund into a single checking or savings account; or
â€¢Receive your refund in a paper check.
â€¢Buy up to $5,000 in U.S. Series I Savings Bonds with your refund.
Splitting your refund is easy. Use IRSâ€™ (Including Savings Bond Purchases) Form 8888, Allocation of Refund (Including Savings Bond Purchases), to split your refund among two or three different accounts. Form 8888 is not required if you want IRS to direct deposit your refund into a single account; you can use the direct deposit line on Forms 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ.
With split refunds, you have a convenient option for managing your money â€” sending some of your refund to an account for immediate use and some for future savings â€” teamed with the speed and safety of direct deposit. Itâ€™s a win-win.
Which answer best explains the function of the bulleted items in the excerpt?
1.to outline the different ways that a tax refund can be split
2. to offer instructions on how to split a tax refund
3. to encourage people to buy U.S. savings bonds
4.to help readers determine which option is best for them