- Do a SWOT analysis for yourself that relates to your goals.
- List three SMART goals you have for your professional growth/personal life (see handout in a link in Unit 8 or read more about “SMART goals” on the internet). Note that SMART goals include timelines; some goals may have several steps/subgoals to be met on the way to major goal.
- For each goal, describe the importance of the goal, such as how meeting the goal will impact your career.
- Write a detailed action plan including resources needed, networking, funding, etc. to meet the goals. The “Creating Line of Sight Measures” in Chapt 12, p. 226 of Dyer et al (2017) [eBook] may be helpful.
- Describe internal and external factors that may impact (positively and/or negatively) the achievement of your goals
- Describe how you will measure progress toward meeting each of the goals.
- Include at least one professional organization that you can join (many have student memberships at reduced prices; you may want to join now!). Explain the benefits of belonging and when you will join the organization.
I have included goals and highlighted on attachment