This assignment offers a different insight into ORM than most organisations would understand. Will be looking at a broad spectrum of issues that impinge on the management of risk at incidents attended by the ‘modern’ fire and rescue service (FRS). And challenged in deciding if ORM is currently being delivered efficiently or if there is scope for improvement.
The assignment will consider the broader aspects of ORM from the perspective of Health, Safety and Welfare as it applies to operations on the incident ground. The assignment is designed to prepare students for the management of health and safety in real world contexts and encompasses subject matter covered throughout the Fire and Rescue Service degree.
You will be able to:
1. Demonstrate in depth knowledge and critical understanding of:
- The Fire and Rescue Service Act 2004;
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974;
- their supporting legislation, regulation and guidance; and
- their implications for operational risk management in the Fire and Rescue Service.
2. Apply quantitative and qualitative techniques to risk analysis and risk management protocols in a range of incident types and environments.
3. Critically review and analyse real incidents and advance solutions to improve operational safety for the fire and rescue service.
4. Manage your own learning, and make use of scholarly reviews and primary sources (for example, peer reviewed research articles and/or original materials) to make arguments in support of your ideas and to communicate these ideas with a range of sector and non-sector audiences.
Knowledge acquisition and understanding will required to submit a written assignment of 2900 words in the form of a report based on the following brief:
In order to improve Operational Risk Management and further reduce the number of operational injuries you are required to develop a post event causation analysis and learning framework for the FRS. You are required to write a ‘justification’ report detailing the following:
- The advantages and disadvantages of such a national framework.
- If adopted the theories, model(s) and method(s) on which you believe it should be based and why.
- The main components of such a framework briefly explaining why you believe they are necessary.
- The contribution you believe it would make to Operational Risk Management and National Operational Guidance/Learning.
- Factors that should be considered in developing an implementation strategy.
Consider these points in assignment:
- A concise and clear purpose for the report;
- clarity and focus upon the aim of the report;
- coherence of research approach and findings;
- evidence used to support conclusions;
- evidence of a wide range of research techniques and materials demonstrating understanding of operational and other guidance and its application to the case study;
- Referencing in accordance with the university Harvard standard.
*** Words count = 2900 words.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.
*** I’ve uploaded materials related to this assignment named “Materials 1”, “Materials 2” and “Materials 3”.
*** Also, I’ve uploaded previous assignment named “Sample” to know how to write exactly.