Module 4 – Case
TECHNOLOGY AND LOGISTICS/LOGISTICS DESIGN ALTERNATIVES
For this case you should really try to have some fun with the readings and additional research to discuss all the wonderful progress going on with respect to technology advances and how they improve the efficiency of global logistics. After you have read all the background articles and other more up-to-date references, write a 6-7 page paper discussing the following:
Part 1: How can technology improve the management of global logistics? Be specific with examples.
Part 2: How important is intermodal transportation with respect to global logistics? How do supply chains get more complicated when firms are doing business across borders versus domestically?
Research the topic with information from the background readings as well as any other resources you find on your own. The paper should be 6-7 pages in length and have a cover sheet and a reference page. Clarity of presentation is important, as well as your ability to cover the topic in a succinct, organized manner with research to back up your points. Use at least 4 different sources of information and annotate your sources of information appropriately on your references page and within the text as necessary. You will be assessed on how well you develop this case and demonstrate your understanding of the tremendous impact that technology has on supply chain efficiency. Submit your assignment for grading by the end of this module.
Your paper will be graded using the rubric.
- There is no set response to the case questions so don’t hesitate to think outside the box.
- It is essential to provide a well written paper with detailed analysis.
- Read and Understand Assignment instruction and follow it .
- READ the information provided by the resources and references on the Reading Material Background page ( see attached). Understand the theory and concept of process management and productivity improvement.
- The report should be at least 6-7 pages, Double Space, APA Citation
- Reference needs to be credible sources (Not Wikipedia) highly recommended to use from background or posted attached.
- Do not Submit Previously submitted Work
- No Plagiarism (Will use Turnitni.com to check Plagiarism)