Audience: Adults looking for insightful analysis about a meaningful image
1. Compose a title, a short introduction paragraph, two well-developed paragraphs that analyze the image, and a short conclusion paragraph.
- Your introduction paragraph shouldâ€¦
- identify the image and its creator in an interesting way
- explain how it fits the theme
- provide a brief summary of the miner’s situation.
- Each body paragraph shouldâ€¦
- be well-developed with specific, in-depth thinking
- begin with a topic sentence that states your main idea – in other words, your opinion that the rest of the paragraph will support, not just a fact
- focus on supporting the topic sentence
- (hint for possible organization: One paragraph can focus on the miners writing the note below ground. The second paragraph can focus on the people above ground who receive the note.)
- Your conclusion paragraph shouldâ€¦
- provide closure for your essay
- avoid bringing up new supporting ideas or just repeating your thesis statement
2. Include a Works Cited entry at the end of your essay.
Photograph from publication:
Last Name, First Name. Photograph Title. Year Created. Museum/Collection Name, City. Publication Information.
Authorâ€™s Last name, First name. â€œTitle of chapter or section.â€ Title of the work, translated by or edited by First name Last name, vol. number, City of Publication*, Publisher, Year the book was published,