Mitigating biases, stereotypes, and heuristics is a topic of much
research including the creation of methods to measure the extent of
these behaviors. In this assignment, you will evaluate the methods used
to measure biases, stereotypes, and heuristics.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments.
It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning
the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria
and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing
assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly
research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text
citation from each source be included.
Write a paper of 1,000-1,250 words in which you evaluate the methods
used to measure biases, stereotypes, and heuristics. Include the
following in your paper:
- An evaluative summary of the properties of psychometrically sound
measures. (Benchmarks C 3.3: Evaluate and identify properties of
psychometrically sound measures.)
- An evaluation of the methods used to measure biases, stereotypes,
and heuristics. Do these methods conform to psychometrically sound
measurement principles? Why or why not?