Early in the process of implementing and executing a new or different strategy, managers need to determine what resources will be needed. Choose one (1) of the following inquiries to execute from a leadership and management perspective:
- Illustration Capsule 11.2 in your textbook provides a sampling of motivational tactics employed by several prominent companies. Choose three companies from the list to research and discuss how rewards aid in the strategy execution efforts of each company.
- Company strategies cannot be implemented well without a number of support systems to carry on business operations. Using the Purdue University Global Library, search for recent articles that discuss how a company has used information systems and control systems to aid the cause of good strategy execution.
- Policies and procedures facilitate strategy execution when they are designed to fit the companyâ€™s strategy and objectives. Using the Purdue University Global Library, search for recent articles that discuss how a company has revised its policies and procedures to provide better top-down guidance to company personnel on how to conduct their daily activities and responsibilities.
- Illustration Capsule 11.1 in your textbook discusses Charleston Area Medical Centerâ€™s use of Six Sigma practices. List three tangible benefits provided by the program. Explain why a commitment to quality control is particularly important in strategy implementation. How can the use of a Six Sigma program help a company survive and thrive against competition?
- Illustration Capsule 12.1 in your textbook discusses Epicâ€™s strategy-supportive corporate culture. What are the standout features of Epicâ€™s corporate culture? How does Epicâ€™s culture contribute to its winning best in class awards, year after year? How does the companyâ€™s culture make Epic a good place to work? Why is culture connected to the implementation of business strategy?
- If you were an executive at a company that had a pervasive yet problematic culture, what steps would you take to change it? Using the Purdue University Global Library, search for recent articles in business publications on â€œculture change.â€ What role did the executives play in the culture change? How does this differ from what you would have done to change the culture?
- Leading the strategy-execution process involves staying on top of the situation and monitoring progress, putting constructive pressure on the organization to achieve operational excellence, and initiating corrective actions to improve the execution effort. Using the Purdue University Global Library, find an article and discuss a recent example of how a companyâ€™s managers have demonstrated the kind of effective internal leadership needed for superior strategy execution.
In answering your chosen inquiry, be sure to meet the following criteria:
- All information is on topic, clearly stated and appropriately focused.
- Use a minimum of three (3) research resources to substantiate your ideas, thoughts, and opinions on your chosen topic.
- Supporting research is relevant and thoroughly synthesized.
- Use critical thinking to demonstrate expertise on the topics in your chosen inquiry.
- Writing has a distinct focus; is balanced, substantial, specific, sophisticated, and presents mature ideas that are particularly well developed.
- Provide two practical examples based on experience or research to support your understanding of the topics in your chosen inquiry.
- Use headings to segment topics and to control the flow of information for your reader.
- Write in third person.
- Precise sentence structure and word choice.
- Writing should be mechanically free of spelling and grammar issues.
- Properly apply APA referencing.