My Topic- Evidence based decision-making in nursing Management and leadership to empower nurse leaders and improve patient care.
Journal of Nursing Administration (JONA)– my preferred journal to respond to
- Write a Letter to the Editor of a peer reviewed professional nursing, medical, or health care administration journal (that publishes Letters to the Editor) in response to an article or study published within the last month.
- Do not select an editorial or a regular column.
- Choose an article or study on a topic that you are passionate about.
- The letter should be brief, substantive, and succinct, and present a perspective that is different and contributes to the literature.
- The topic should be related to leadership and leadership strategies to improve health care quality and patient or client outcome (e.g., leadership, evidence-based decision-making, patient-safety culture, workforce and workplace issues, conflict management, team building, staffing, nurse fatigue, creating a culture that supports evidence-based management, leading effective teams).
- Upload your letter to this assignment drop box by the scheduled due date with a copy of the authorâ€™s guidelines for the selected journal.
- Submit your letter to the selected journal after reviewing your graded assignment.
- Please notify your faculty and coach if your letter is accepted for publication and add the publication to your resume.
- Read and follow the Assignment Guidelines carefully.
- Read this Letter to the Editor sample.
- Note: A title page is not required for the Letter to the Editor assignment
Note: refer to the sample Letter to the Editor in Blackboard and sample letters in journals that publish excellent letters to the editor (e.g., Journal of Nursing Administration (JONA), American Journal of Nursing (AJN), Journal of Nursing Scholarship, New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM), and Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).