HUSS 440 Week 4 Bryant and Stratton College Managing Human Services Essay
Would you like us to handle your paper? Use our company for better grades and meet your deadlines.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
PART A (150 words
In lecture we explored several of the theories and models used by human and social service professionals. These theories and models included the psychodynamic approach, the humanistic approach, systems theory, and empowerment-based practice model. For our discussion please,
- Identify and discuss one theory used by human and social service professionals that was not discussed in this week’s lecture.
- Explain the theory you have discovered and its relation to human and social services.
This week you will complete a report, consisting of a table and a narrative at least 750 words in length. A template to assist you in completing your report is provided in Appendix A, on page 6 of this document. In your report you will identify and evaluate models used by human and social services professionals to better understand, assist, and engage clients in prevention, maintenance, intervention, rehabilitation, and healthy functioning. You will apply these to models to a case study of your choice. The possible case studies for your report are provided in Appendix B, on page 8 of this document.
To begin, please select four of the following theories and models. These will serve as the basis of your report.
- Psychodynamic theories
- Cognitive-behavioral theory
- Humanistic theories
- Postmodern theories
- Systems theory
- Ecological (“person in environment”) perspective
- Strengths perspective
- Empowerment-based practice model
- Theory of reasoned action
Then, fill in the table template provided in Appendix A to outline information about your chosen theories. Use lecture and research from at least two outside scholarly resources help in completing the table. These sources should be cited in APA style, with a complete reference list at the end of your report. You should strategically use spacing and bullet points to organize the information in your table.
In the table make sure to do the following for each selected theory in your own words:
- List the name of the theory
- Summarize the main tenets or arguments of the theory, particularly as they relate to prevention, maintenance, intervention, rehabilitation, and/or healthy functioning of clients
- Explain at least one strength and at least one weakness of the theory
- Identify at least one important theorist (by first and last name) associated with the theory
Below your completed table, include your written narrative. For your narrative, please select one of the clients identified in Appendix B. Then, write a narrative at least 750 words in length in which you address the following prompts in your own words. Use research from at least two outside scholarly resources to support your arguments. These sources should be cited in APA style, with a complete reference list at the end of your report. Note: you can use the same references cited in your table in your narrative.
- List the name of the client you will focus on in your narrative and briefly summarize their overall treatment concerns.
- Identify the theory or model from your table that you think would be most effective in working with your selected client.
- Explain, in detail, how this model would help you to understand the client and the causes of their symptoms or concerns.
- Describe how this theory would be beneficial in treating your client. How would this theory allow you to:
- Minimize or eliminate their symptoms/concerns
- Prevent symptoms/concerns from returning and/or inhibit new symptoms/concerns from developing
- Promote and maintain healthy functioning
- Summarize the focus of your assessment questions, therapeutic treatment methodologies, etc. when using this model or theory with the client.
- Justify why you believe this theory would be most effective in working with this particular client.
- Identify the theory or model from your table that you think would be the least effective in working with this client.
- Justify why you believe this theory would be least effective in working with this particular client.
- Finally, as you have learned, professionals in the field of human and social services typically try to take a generalist perspective, where they combine across a variety of perspectives when working with clients.
- Evaluate how you might use multiple perspectives from your table in working with your selected client.
- Argue whether you believe using multiple perspectives would be effective in understanding and treating this particular client.
Do you need help with this or a different assignment? We offer CONFIDENTIAL, ORIGINAL (Turnitin/LopesWrite/SafeAssign checks), and PRIVATE services using latest (within 5 years) peer-reviewed articles. Kindly click on ORDER NOW to receive an A++ paper from our masters- and PhD writers. Get a 15% discount on your order using the following coupon code SAVE15
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper