– The written document must do the following:
1. Develop your argument via claims and support from the remix project (visual, written, and/or audial elements) and three scholarly secondary sources (two secondary sources must be from our reading schedule).
2. Explain why your interpretation matters. (So what?)
3. Be 1000-1200 words in length (typed, double-spaced, 12pt Times New Roman font, with title and page numbers).
4. Include in-text citations and a works cited page for all texts cited (articles, books, films, clips, images, music, etc.). You may use the MLA, Chicago, or APA citation style, as long as you use that citation style consistently.
– For my remix project, I decided to take the character Django from the movie Django Unchained, and switch the character from a male to a female.
– By doing this, I would change the element of gender roles in movies. Making this change would alter audiences views on the type of role women can play in movies and society
– The actor I chose to play the female Django is Taraji P. Henson. I did this because I felt in most of the movies she stars in, she represents a strong woman who isn’t afraid of danger.
– Below is my PowerPoint Remix Project that completed. You can use this to work from.
– Also below are two sources that I need used to support claims and used to show examples.
– If there are any questions let me know please. Thank you!