61) In its focus on bottom-line financial value, the ________ approach offers limited guidance for go-to-market strategies and does not fully account for competitive moves.
A) brand equity
B) brand value chain
C) customer tracking
D) customer equity
E) brand extension
62) Which of the following is NOT a weakness of a customer equity perspective (relative to a brand equity perspective)?
A) It offers limited guidance for go-to-market strategies.
B) It has quantifiable measures of financial performance.
C) It ignores the advantages of creating a strong brand.
D) It overlooks the option value of brands.
E) It does not fully account for social network effects or word-of-mouth.
63) A firm's branding strategy is also called the brand architecture.
64) When Honda expanded its brand into such areas as automobiles, snow blowers, and marine engines, it was pursuing a strategy called line extension.
65) The role of a relatively high-priced brand in a portfolio is often to attract customers to the brand franchise or to “build traffic.”
66) Brand extensions can reduce the costs of introductory launch campaigns and make it easier to convince retailers to stock and promote a new product.
67) Customer equity is synonymous with brand equity.
68) Customer lifetime value is affected by revenue and by the costs of customer acquisition, retention, and cross-selling.
69) List and briefly describe the four roles brands can play as part of a brand portfolio.
70) In what ways can brand extensions improve the odds of new-product success?