36. _____ continually conducts surveys to tally the number of Web sites in existence and track which Web server software each uses.
a. BBCb. Microsoft
c. Netcraftd. CNN
37. _____ Server has dominated the Web since 1996 because it is free and performs very efficiently.
a. Apache HTTPb. Microsoft IIS
c. UNIXd. Linux
38. A(n) _____ is a program that attaches itself to another program and can cause damage when the host program is activated.
a. e-mail filterb. debugging code
c. computer virusd. dead link
39. A _____ is an unsolicited commercial e-mail.
a. spamb. program
c. virusd. filter
40. A _____ spam filter examines From addresses and compares them to a list of known good sender addresses.
a. black listb. full-privilege
c. tracertd. white list
41. A content-filtering technique where the software that performs the filtering task is placed on individual users’ computers is called _____.
a. server-side scriptingb. client-side scripting
c. client-level filteringd. server-level filtering
42. A _____ program sends data packets to every computer on the path between one computer and another and clocks the packets' round-trip times.
a. Telnetb. Tracert
c. Pingd. Finger
43. _____ programs calculate and display the number of hops between computers and the time it takes to traverse the entire one-way path between machines.
a. Route-tracingb. Indexing
c. Benchmarkingd. Link checker
44. _____ is a program that allows a person using one computer to access files and run programs on a second computer that is connected to the Internet.
a. Telnetb. Ping
c. Fingerd. Tracert
45. The _____ is the part of the TCP/IP rules that defines the formats used to transfer files between TCP/IP-connected computers.
a. black list spam filterb. white list spam filter
c. File Transfer Protocold. Microsoft Internet Information Server
46. A _____, when clicked, displays an error message rather than a Web page.
a. link checkerb. computer virus
c. filterd. dead link
47. A(n) _____ file is a file on a Web server that is not linked to any page.
a. lostb. index
c. orphand. independent
48. Efforts to reduce the environmental impact of large computing installations are called _____ computing.
a. efficientb. green
c. e-conserved. e-wise
49. In the context of Web server performance evaluation, _____ is testing that is used to compare the performance of hardware and software.
a. response timingb. monitoring
c. benchmarkingd. filtering
50. _____ is the number of HTTP requests that a particular hardware and software combination can process in a unit of time.
a. Protocolb. Throughput
c. Filter capacityd. Tracert capacity