True / False Questions
1. (p. 456) The media buyer is the person in charge of negotiating and contracting with the media.
2. (p. 457) An ad for a car on the back outside cover of a business magazine would be on the second cover.
3. (p. 458) Island halves are similar to junior units except that they have more editorial matter surrounding them.
4. (p. 458) One of the disadvantages of magazines as an advertising medium is the lack of immediacy that advertisers can get with newspapers or radio.
5. (p. 458) A gatefold occurs when a magazine page is not cut properly, and the page inadvertently stands out.
6. (p. 460) The broadest classifications of magazine content are consumer magazines, farm magazines, and business magazines.
7. (p. 466) A magazine's ad rates are solely based on its contents.
8. (p. 466) Horizontal publications cover a specific industry in all of its aspects.
9. (p. 466) In controlled circulation, the publisher mails the magazine free to individuals who the publisher thinks can influence the purchase of the advertised products.
10. (p. 467) The on-sale date is the date printed on the magazine cover.