Week 6 e-Activities
- Use the Internet to research current design techniques to optimize user completion / submission of a Web form. Be prepared to discuss.
- Use the Internet to research the general purpose / use of a Web database. Explore the organizational benefits that a Web database can provide when properly implemented within an organization. Be prepared to discuss.
- Use the Internet to research the differences between open source and proprietary Web server software. Be prepared to discuss which type of software you believe would be appropriate in an organization with which you are familiar.
Forms” Please respond to the following:
- From the second e-Activity, identify a company (bank, car wash, travel agency, nonprofit, restaurant, etc.) and describe how it could benefit from the use of a Web database. Provide examples of the data that it could collect and how it could leverage it to gain a competitive advantage.
- From the third e-Activity, identify a company (bank, car wash, travel agency, nonprofit, restaurant, etc.) and suggest whether you think it should choose to use Open Source or Proprietary Web Server software and explain why. Support your opinion with at least three reasons.
“Troubleshooting Web Forms” Please respond to the following:
- Imagine that a local college hired you to look at a lengthy form on the universityâ€™s office of admissions Website. Prospective students have been calling the office to request information instead of utilizing the universityâ€™s Website. The form contains 32 fields, which must be filled in by the user. At the bottom of the form there are send and reset form buttons. Identify aspects of the form that could be frustrating users. Provide at least three recommendations that will encourage the students to utilize the universityâ€™s Website.
- From the first e-Activity, describe three techniques for optimizing Web form submission usability. Select the technique that you prefer to use and explain why.