The Role of Nutrition in Healthy Child Development
In this course you will be creating a series of one-page resource newsletters to use in your future work with children and families. Each resource newsletter will provide a quick and informative opportunity to share important information on specific health, safety and nutritional topics. Each newsletter will include current information and credible resources in a family friendly format.
For this Module Course Project Assignment
Create a one-page resource newsletter with the topic of nutrition- either malnutrition or obesity- with young children.
Choose one age group – either infants, toddlers or preschoolers- to focus your newsletter.
1. A stand on the importance of malnutrition or obesity awareness with young children- what is important to know and how will it benefit or challenge a young child’s growth and development (specific to age group chosen)
2. Strategies for supporting healthy nutritional practices with young children that also support their individual needs and development (specific to age group chosen)
3. Details on why others (parents or peers) would care about malnutrition or obesity awareness for young children (specific to age group chosen)
4. Two credible resources from this course, the Rasmussen College Library or credible websites in APA
5. 1-2 photos or graphics bringing attention to your topic
6. Title for your newsletter to catch reader’s attention
7. Text arranged in sections and not in essay style format- think newspapers or websites with shorter sections and sub-sections
8. Text written in your own words with in-text citations as appropriate
Be sure to create a newsletter which is readable and engaging; providing just the right amount of information on the topic. This is not an essay or paper. Think about how a newspaper provides information in easily digestible amounts. Consider using interesting fonts or colors to draw a reader’s eye to important information or details. Get creative!
Develop a paper to compare and contrast infant feeding practices and traditions between cultures. You will research infant feeding practices from one country using credible internet sources. You can also watch the movie Babies which can be found online or on your favorite internet streaming service.
Step 1: Choose one of the countries below to research
China Somalia Mexico
Nepal Finland France
Step 2: Research what you can on the culture you chose regarding infant feeding and nutrition practices. Search terms to consider will be “infant feeding practices” “infant nutrition,” for example. You will need to use at least oneresources for this assignment
Step 3: Answer the following prompts below in a paper no more than 3-4 pages in length, including an introduction and conclusion.
- Describe the infant feeding practices in your chosen country
- Compare and contrast the infant feeding practices between the country you chose and what you are familiar with from your culture/background.
- What is the same? What is different?
- Offer background on why the practices are the way they are; are there specific economic, agricultural, climatic or other influences?
- If similarities and differences are not as obvious, why might that be the case?
Step 4: Include a reference page with your resources listed in APA format. Be sure to include in-text citations within your paper where needed. The reference page is in addition to the paper length.