1. FEMA lists 15 functions in its Emergency Management Exercise Reporting System. FEMA defines a function as â€œan action or operation required in emergency response or recovery.â€ Any or all of those may be the primary or secondary focus of an exercise. Pick ESF #6 â€“ Mass Care, Emergency Assistance, Housing, and Human Services & Describe how this function would be used in a response.
2. Envision an imaginary emergency operations plan for a small rural hospital â€˜Anywhere General in US.â€As the new disaster planner for AG, Administration has asked you to review that plan and make recommendations for change.Using the knowledge you gained, write a brief (250-500 words) summary of that fictional plan. That summary – which you should address to AG’s Board of Directors and CEO – should include parts of the plan you think are adequate and areas you think should be modified.
Reference to appropriate authoritative resources and official websites. Must be accessible online. Use New Times Roman 12 font with 1â€ margins and APA style. The answer should be at least 500 words.
The required readings:
– IS-139a Lesson 1- Exercise Design Considerations (attached).
– PKEMRA (attached).
– FEMA Emergency Support Functions ESF (attached).
– PPD-8 Presidential Policy Directive/PPD-8: National Preparedness: https://www.dhs.gov/presidential-policy-directive-8-national-preparedness
Also, there are 2 file attached for Q2 as examples, but you must do your original work.