Chapter 2 History, Standing, Local Government Regulation, Risk Management, and Workplace Safety
Book name: Schroeder, K. (2007) Environmental Law. Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
For this chapter, you are going to find a news source covering an environmental issue. And then, From this article you will identify:
(1) the parties (including any agencies involved)
(2) if litigation occurs, do all of the involved parties have standing (why or why not?)
– what is the duration or longevity of the issue? (how long has it been going on, how long is it likely to continue?)
– is this a “LULU” (locally unwanted land use) or true environmental issue?
– if an identified party is successful in public relations / litigation / etc., what is the result (injunction, remediation, costs, other?)
Please submit in APA format a total of five-plus pages (one page of cover, one page of references, 3-4 pages of your text). Make sure to use simple and langage, Avoid plagiarism.