n Housman’s poem “To an Athlete Dying Young,” which lines suggest that glory does not last long?
- “The time you won your town the race / We chaired you through the marketplace;”
- “And early though the laurel grows / It withers quicker than the rose.”
- “Eyes the shady night has shut / Cannot see the record cut.”
What is Kipling trying remind the people of the British Empire in “Recessional”?
- The British Empire has made the world a safer place.
- The British Empire cannot be stopped.
- The British Empire will not last forever.
Thomas Hardy had a ____ outlook on life.
a. pessimistic b. optimistic