Your initial post must be at least 250-300 words in length.
People 2020 identifies reproductive and sexual health as one of the
leading health indicators to improve the health of all Americans
(“Reproductive and Sexual,” 2016). For this activity, review the
resources available in the Week 3 lesson, and provide a reflective
discussion on one issue related to sexuality and diversity. Please
include nursing interventions/responsibilities to be included in a plan
of care to promote sexual health.
Reproductive and sexual health. (2016) Retrieved from https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/leading-health-indicators/2020-lhi-topics/Reproductive-and-Sexual-Health
- Swartzendruber, A., & Zenilman, J. (2010). A national strategy to improve sexual health. JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association, 304(9), 1005-1006. doi:10.1001/jama.2010.1252
- Alexander, K. A., Jemmott, L. S., Teitelman, A. M., & D’Antonio, P. (2015). Addressing sexual health behavior during emerging adulthood: A critical review of the literature. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 24(1/2), 4-18. doi:10.1111/jocn.12640
- East, L., & Hutchinson, M. (2013). Moving beyond the therapeutic relationship: a selective review of intimacy in the sexual health encounter in nursing practice. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 22(23/24), 3568-3576. doi:10.1111/jocn.12247
- A. Lim, F., & Hsu, R. (2016). Nursing students’ attitudes toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons: An integrative review. Nursing Education Perspectives (National League For Nursing), 37(3), 144-152. doi:10.1097/01.NEP.0000000000000004
- Raper, M. (2013). Sexual dysfunction: Reflections on a neglected area of diabetes care. Practice Nursing, 24(10), 505-509.