Assignment 1: Cognitive Behavioral Theory Versus Rational Emotive Behavioral Theory
While cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational
emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) have many similarities, they are
distinctly different therapeutic approaches. When assessing clients and
selecting one of these therapies, you must recognize the importance of
not only selecting the one that is best for the client, but also the
approach that most aligns to your own skill set. For this Assignment, as
you examine the similarities and differences between CBT and REBT,
consider which therapeutic approach you might use with your clients.
- Compare cognitive behavioral therapy and rational emotive behavioral therapy
- Recommend cognitive behavioral therapies for clients
- Review the media in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on the various forms of cognitive behavioral therapy.
In a 1- to 2-page paper, address the following:
- Briefly describe how cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and rational emotive behavioral therapy (REBT) are similar.
- Explain at least three differences between CBT and
REBT. Include how these differences might impact your practice as a
mental health counselor.
- Explain which version of cognitive behavioral
therapy you might use with clients and why. Support your approach with