topic: Transgender Rights
You can either write a book review based on a careful reading and analysis of a single nonfiction book, or a literature review based on analysis and synthesis of 3 peer-reviewed academic articles related to Transgender Rights. You can choose any non-fiction book or peer-reviewed academic articles that fit the topic
a.) Book review assignment instructions: Read a book related to Transgender Rights within the broad theme of criminalization of gender and sexuality, and analyze the authorâ€™s main argument and evidence. Write a paper that answers the following questions (not necessarily in this order):
1) What is the authorâ€™s main argument in this book?
2) What sub-claims and evidence does the author use to support this argument?
3) What are the most compelling parts of the argument?
4) Where does the argument fall short?
5) What is your overall evaluation of this book and its contribution to understanding of this topic?
Your 2-3-page double-spaced paper should include a clear thesis statement about your evaluation of the authorâ€™s argument, and should be supported by your analysis of the text. See the evaluation rubric and example of a book review on iLearn for more details.
b.) Literature review paper: Read peer-reviewed academic articles related to Transgender Rights within the broad theme of criminalization of gender and sexuality, and analyze the authorsâ€™ arguments and evidence. Write a paper that answers the following questions (not necessarily in this order):
1) What are the main perspectives on Transgender Rights?
2) What are the authorsâ€™ arguments and evidence, and how are they similar to or different from one another:
3) Which arguments (if any) are flawed and why?
4) Which arguments are most compelling and why?
5) What is your perspective on this issue?