Must answer in your own words and no plagiarism. If you cite please do it correctly.
Our text discusses four different theoretical perspectives on communication. Consider each of these perspectives and answer the questions below about these perspectives.
- Consider the psychological perspective. In what ways do you believe that what goes on inside people’s heads (beliefs, values, attitudes, etc.) affects their communication?
- Consider the social constructionist perspective. How do we “build worlds” through communication? Think of some ideas we talk about in our culture that may not exist in other cultures. How do these concepts contribute to our happiness or success (or lack of them) in our culture?
- Consider the pragmatic perspective. How is communication like a game? How is it different from a game?
- Consider the cultural studies perspective. What is the goal of a researcher who takes a cultural studies approach?
- Which of these perspectives is closest to your own view of communication?