Cybersecurity DR / BCP Presentation (10 points total)
The focus of this assignment should be DR / BCP technology solutions for response and recovery after a cyber security incident of sufficient duration and impact to require activation of the organizationâ€™s Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity Plan.
You may focus upon the incident reported upon in your cybersecurity research paper OR you may take a more general approach.
Suggested technology solutions include:
Â· General DR/BCP Services
o Palindrome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d60m6hUpgvs
Â· Data Backup Solutions
Â· Cloud Computing (Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service, Platform as a Service)
Â· Mobile Data Centers / Mobile Workspace Solutions
o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XCR7aG1Wvc (Sunguard)
o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1oo9y4w1ZY (US Corps of Engineers)
Â· Data Recovery Solutions
o ACE Data Recovery http://www.datarecovery.net/
o Drive Savers http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/
Â· Server Virtualization
Â· Recovery Sites (focus on hardware / software availability)
o Rentsys http://www.rentsys.com/
1. Discuss the importance of disaster recovery and/or business continuity planning with respect to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems.
2. Identify three commercially available technology solutions (products or services) which could be used to address cybersecurity problems specific to DR / BCP. Use the five pillars of information assurance (confidentiality, integrity, availability, authenticity, non-repudiation) when identifying a DR/BCP issue as a cybersecurity problem. Examples: loss of integrity (damaged backup tapes), loss of availability (servers canâ€™t be accessed due to power loss), etc.
3. Research and report upon each of the three technology solutions. For each solution include:
a. Vendor (name and Web site)
b. Product Name and Capabilities
c. How this product or service can be used to support DR / BCP including protecting / restoring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems, etc.
4. Provide a summary in which you discuss the benefits of incorporating technology-based solutions when planning for recovery and restoral of IT operations.
5. Content Organization (10 â€“ 20 slides)
a. Title Slide
b. Importance of DR / BCP to cybersecurity
c. Technology Solutions Overview
d. 3 to 5 Slides per Product or Service
f. Sources Attribution / References slide per instructor’s guidance.
g. Note Pages: provide notes pages for each of your content slides. These notes should make it possible for your slide presentation to â€œstand alone.â€ Title and references slides do not require notes.
6. Additional Requirements
a. Professional appearance (consistent color, font sizes, readability)
b. Proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
c. Source Attribution / References: you must provide appropriate attribution / credit to sources for information used in the presentation.
i. APA style guidance does not specifically address presentations.
ii. Use APA style for reference list entries. Do not use hanging indent.
iii. Use APA style in-text citations on slides
iv. Your instructor may provide additional guidance about citing sources on slides.