For this benchmark, you will create a 30-minute digital presentation (15 slides) that can be utilized as a professional development presentation. Use the IRI report you administered in Topic 4, and the research you conducted on reliability and validity issues related to IRIs and Lexile in Topic 2 as the basis for your presentation.
Include a title slide, reference slide, and presenter notes within your presentation. Your presentation should address the following areas:
- Provide a rationale for the IRI you used.
- Using information in the IRI, provide a rationale for how you would use this data to promote student growth.
- Evaluate the assessment tool and the conditions under which it was administered for bias. Include how any such issues may have affected the IRI results.
- Describe how you would communicate the diagnostic assessments to the studentâ€™s teacher. Support this communication with the following: (a) References to your research in your field experience on IRIs and related validity and reliability issues, including prior knowledge and (b) identify cultural bias considerations.
- Create a list of 3-5 online sites or technology resources that would assist parents, teachers, and students in selecting reading material within the studentsâ€™ Lexile range. Explain your rationale for choosing these resources.
Write a 250-500-word reflection on your experience in developing this presentation. Indicate how you believe it will provide a positive support for student growth as well as how the information regarding online sites will assist parents, teachers, and students.
Support your presentation by utilizing 3-5 professional sources.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
Submit this assignment to your instructor in LoudCloud.
Program competencies and national standards assessed in the benchmark assignment:
3.1 Candidates interpret and use different types of assessments based on their purposes, strengths, and limitations. [IRA 3.1; InTASC 6j, 6k]
3.2 Candidates select, develop, administer, and interpret assessments, both traditional print and electronic, for specific purposes. [IRA 3.2; InTASC 6l, 6t]
3.4 Candidates communicate assessment results and implications to a variety of audiences. [IRA 3.4; InTASC 6c, 6q]
4.3 Candidates develop and implement strategies to advocate for equity. [IRA 4.3; InTASC 9j]