In this project, you will demonstrate your mastery of the following competencies:
· Interpret psychological data using quantitative and qualitative methods.
· Apply the principles of statistical methods to inform a research problem.
You work for a market research company that supplies information for political non-profit organizations throughout the nation. A number of your clients are interested in the public perception around policies about sexual orientation and political opinions and ideologies.
Use the research question you chose in your milestone assignment and the appropriate data set provided to support your analysis. Then, summarize your analysis in a brief report.
Your research question: Are there differences in the average agreement with gay individuals having the right to marry one another among people who were interviewed in different geographic regions of the United States?
For this project you will submit an analysis report summary, which is an APA Style write-up, using the data and writing templates on this page.
Your first step is to perform the inferential test you selected in your Project Two Milestone using the appropriate data set from the provided file. Then you will complete the APA write-up for that inferential test using the writing templates on this page. The Module Four Activity: ANOVA Quiz and Module Five Activity: Regression Quiz have prepared you for this project.
Tips and Tricks
· To submit your output as part of your paper, check out the Microsoft Support article on how to create a picture from cells, a chart, or an object in Excel .
Refer to your exemplar to ensure that you format your write-up appropriately. You must address the rubric criteria listed below:
1. Select and report the inferential statistical test contextualized in the research question.
2. Provide the alpha value and use it to determine the significance of your test.
3. Report the results in APA format, including statistic value with degree of freedom, p value, and effect size.
4. Report the values necessary to interpret the findings and identify the pattern of relationship (for example, slope for regression and means for ANOVA).
5. Connect the statistical findings back to the research question and conceptual variables.
6. Propose an actionable item that uses the results of your findings relevant to the research question.
7. Provide the output from your data analysis (using the Analysis ToolPak) as a screenshot or picture.
Write Your Analysis Report Summary
Your Analysis Report Summary must be 100 to 250 words long and include the required image of your output.
Use this template to write your analysis report summary and upload the image of your data analysis output.
Write your analysis report summary in the space below using the criteria listed above this template.
Now upload an image of the output from your data analysis as a JPEG or PNG file. And list the steps on how it was uploaded
PSY 260 Project Two Megan Brown Michael Cox
June 19, 2021
Analysis Summary Report:
To determine whether there was a relationship between feelings towards liberals and beliefs regarding homosexual persons’ rights to marry a linear regression was performed. The regression was statistically significant where a = .05, df = 8.301, p < .001, r^2 = .022. This indicates that there is a positive, significant linear relationship between feelings towards liberals and beliefs regarding homosexual persons’ rights to marry. This is a small relationship but one that should be noted. The regression equation is y = . 0083x + 1.5446. While there is a small significant relationship, it is not large enough to use in day-to-day life. These findings show that the relationship between feelings towards liberals and beliefs about gay marriage are small. This indicates that political non-profits may see a small difference in public perception based upon political beliefs and sexual orientation but it is not large enough to use for advertising purposes.