In this assignment, imagine you head outside to catch the bus on a Fall day. The weather is sunny so you do not bring a jacket. Suddenly clouds move in and the temperature quickly drops. You feel very cold. Based on this scenario, answer the following:
- Describe in your own words the homeostatic mechanism that regulates body temperature.
- Explain how your body will react to maintain body temperature.
- Describe the stimulus, receptors, integrator, and effector and the tissue types involved in the body’s response.
- Be sure to identify and describe at least two physiologic responses that will occur to help maintain a normal body temperature.
- Identify whether the homeostatic mechanism is a negative or positive feedback mechanism.
Your paper should be between 250 and 500 words, unless otherwise specified by your instructor. Read the Homeostasis –