- What are the annualized discount rate and your annualized investment rate on a Treasury bill that you purchase for $9,940 that will mature in 91 days for $10,000?
- If you want to earn an annualized discount rate of 3.5%, what is the most you can pay for a 91-day Treasury bill that pays $5,000 at maturity?
- The price of 182-day commercial paper is $7,840. If the annualized investment rate is 4.093%, what will the paper pay at maturity?
- The annualized yield is 3% for 91-day commercial paper and 3.5% for 182-day commercial paper. What is the expected 91-day commercial paper rate 91 days from now?
- In a Treasury auction of $2.1 billion par value 91-day T-bills, the following bids were submitted:
- If the Treasury also received $750 million in non- competitive bids, who will receive T-bills, in what quantity, and at what price? (Refer to the table in problem 5.)
- Up-to-date interest rates are available from the Federal Reserve at http://www.federalreserve.gov/ releases. Locate the current rate on the following securities:
- Prime rate
- Federal funds
- Commercial paper (financial)
- Certificates of deposit
- Discount rate
- One-month Eurodollar deposits
Bid Amount ($ million)
Price per $100
If only these competitive bids are received, who will receive T-bills, in what quantity, and at what price?