Choose 1 concert to critique from this list provided:1. Duke Ellington: The Great Paris Concert, 2. Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson, Amazing stuff! 3. Loretta Lynn- You’re Looking At Country- Legends In Concert. The Concert Critique should be 2.5 pages and double spaced. It should contain 5 full paragraphs that describe the following aspects of the chosen concert.
1. Who are the performers? Give the title of the concert and write something about the performers. Is it an orchestra? A choir? An ensemble? Solo artists? Why did you choose to watch this particular performance? Tell as much as you know about the musicians that performed-are they professionals? Students? Teachers? How long have they been performing?
2. Describe the music that was performed on the concert. Use the musical characteristics that we have been learning in class. What genre is the music(opera aria? Jazz song? Standard tune? Solo instrument piece? Symphony?
3. What style period was the music written in? What was the tempo, dynamics, texture, etc.? Sometimes the music in a concert will be only one genre and some have several genre performed. Attach to the program to the critique, and then refer to the titles in the program. For ex. “Autumn Leaves” was performed by a small instrumental ensemble(guitar, bass, and percussion). It is standard contemporary tune. The tempo was a moderately slow ballad. It had a very mellow sound
4. Tell how well you think the performers interpreted the music that was on the concert. Were the singers in tune? Did the piano player musically and rhythmically? Do you think the performers communicated the music as it was meant to be communicated by the composer?
5. Tell which pieces or part of the concert was most moving or enjoyable to you. If you didn’t enjoy the concert very much, tell why you didn’t enjoy it. What could have been done better? Be as specific as you can when expressing your opinion of the performance-don’t just write generalities like “It was nice” or “it made me feel like dancing.” Tell why the music made you feel like dancing. Write about why you particularly enjoyed that part of the concert.
6. Conclude your critique by summing up the performance and telling us if you would go to hear these performers again- or would you invite your friends or family to hear performances/performers.
ATTENTION: IF YOU CAN’T FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES ABOVE PLEASE DON’T AND WASTE MY TIME. NO PLAGIARISM
SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY!!!