Unions have declined in scope and importance over the past 20 to 30 years. Today, less than 10% of the U.S. workforce is represented by a union, and most of those members work for the public sector. However, there are still powerful unions in other countries. Given these thoughts, address the following:
- The role of unions in the workplace today.
- The principal value that unions can bring to the workplace, along with the challenges they may also present to the organization.
- The challenges that human resources may experience in creating a conducive relationship between unions and management in foreign countries as opposed to in the domestic country.
- Your written paper should be three to four pages in length, not counting the required title and reference pages.
- You need to cite at least two sources for this assignment, outside of the textbook. These should be scholarly or peer-reviewed resources.
- Your paper must be formatted according to APA Requirements.
Grammar and punctuation are key! Sample paper attached.