Human Resources and Change
The major responsibilities of human resources management (HRM) are attracting, developing, and maintaining a quality workforce. Research an organization (I chose AFLAC the insurance company), with which you are familiar, that is in need of a change and present how you will manage the change process by incorporating the three essential duties of HRM.
Choose one subsystem (department like Sales department) to change and create a PowerPoint presentation of 12-15 slides (including title and reference slides) addressing the following questions that pertain to the major human resource management responsibilities and to change management. Strengthen your recommendations by showing how your proposed changes are working in another similar organization that is successful.
Address following in your POWER POINT (answer each point with 4 – 5 sentences or bullet points)
Use APA style and 3 references
- Provide an overview of the organization you have chosen including three subsystems of the organization, three stakeholders of the organization, and the reason for selecting this organization.
- What one major organizational subsystem needs to be changed in the organization? Justify your choice. How does it compare to a similar successful organization?
- How will the subsystem change affect the two other subsystems within the organization that you have identified and how will you realign the total system?
- Identify and explain how you would ensure that the proposed change will satisfy any three stakeholders of the organization?
- How should the organization attract, develop, and maintain the workforce required to bring about your proposed change?
- Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about developing a quality workforce to support the change in Questions 2 and 3 above: (and this must tie in to 5a too): employee orientation, training and development, or performance appraisal.
- Choose at least one of the following in your discussion about maintaining a quality workforce to support the change in Questions 2 and 3 above (and must relate to 5a and 5b): career development, work-life balance, compensation and benefits, employee retention and turnover, or labor-management relations.
Integrate a faith-based or worldview-based component in the presentation and make a clear connection on how it informs the groups’ management practices.