Complete this week’s Practice Activity.
Matching exercises give you an opportunity to practice definitions and develop logical and critical thinking skills. By using such techniques as inversion, diversion, and the process of elimination, you are able to greatly increase the probability of answering questions correctly. This is an important skill to have, as it is commonly found on nearly all standardized tests and increases critical thinking.
The objective is to describe the purpose and major characteristics of today’s prisons.
The objective is to describe the realities of prison life and prison subculture from the inmate’s point of view.
Complete the Unit 10 Assignment: Correctional System Analysis
The U.S. correctional system can serve two specific functions in relation to criminal offenders. First, it can serve as a tool for punishing the offender and making the offender pay for his or her crimes. Second, it can serve as a means to rehabilitating the offender and preparing him or her for successful reentry into society.
Write a 700–1,050-word essay answering the following questions:
- How does the correctional system punish offenders?
- How does the correctional system rehabilitate offenders?
- Which method is more effective in reducing crime?
- Research a method for punishing or rehabilitating offenders.
- Use the literature and propose a solution or adjustment to the methods of punishment or rehabilitation.
Your paper must follow this format:
- Page 1 – Cover/title page
- Pages 2, 3, and 4 – Body of text
- Page 5 – Reference page (List at least three sources on your reference page. Cite your sources.)
List at least three sources on your reference page.
This assignment requires research to substantiate your findings. Use at least three references for this paper. You are required to access the Library for at least one of your references. Another reference can be your text from this class, and the third reference can come from an acceptable online academic resource. Discuss how you evaluated the credibility of the resources used.