Even among the most well-intentioned and consciously egalitarian people, non-conscious associations about racial or ethnic groups still have a pernicious effect on behavior and attitudes.
Please visit http://arabface.us/ and then discuss the following:
- According to the readings, what is the difference between the terms “race” and “ethnicity?”
- Had you ever noticed the racial and ethnic stereotypes discussed in the arabface.com article?
- Do assumptions tell us anything definite about a categorized individual?
- How do assumptions and stereotypes affect your behavior toward others?
- Discuss all three theoretical perspectives on race as described in the readings.