Assume that you have completed three months of the project. The BAC was $120,000 for this six-month project. You can also make the following assumptions:
- What is the cost variance, schedule variance, cost performance index (CPI), and schedule performance index (SPI) for the project?
- How is the project doing? Is it ahead of schedule or behind schedule? Is it under budget or over budget?
- Use the CPI to calculate the estimate at completion (EAC) for this project. Is the project performing better or worse than planned?
- Use the SPI to estimate how long it will take to finish this project.
- Sketch an earned value chart using the information from your answers to parts a through d. Use Figure 7-6 as a guide.