Hazard: Hurricanes in new England ( New Hampshire)
Option #1: Report
You are the Emergency Manager for your state Emergency Management Agency. The governor has commissioned you to lead a commission to conduct a threat analysis of your state for the development of an emergency preparedness plan in the event of a major disaster. You will use the hazard or terrorist threat that you selected in Module 2 Portfolio Milestone. The governor has instructed you to conduct research, analyze, and develop a report.
Portfolio Project Sections: Identify and discuss the following:
- Hazard or terrorist threat (local, state, or national);
- Federal Homeland Security structures that can provide assistance;
- Federal emergency response and recovery systems, framework, and programs;
- Role of public and private sectors, non-governmental organizations that will response;
- Types of media used for public communications in a crisis; and
- Ideas for future innovations or federal policy changes to improve emergency preparedness, response, and recovery.
The paper should be 5 pages, not including the title and reference page. Additionally, the paper should properly reference and include a minimum of seven to eight resources. Do not use unverifiable sources such as articles without a credible author or institution (e.g., blogs, etc.).