This assignment is a summative assessment of the following question sets. A minimum of 200 words for each answer is required and a minimum of one reference per response. An introduction is not necessary but would be appreciated. Questions to be answered are as follows:
1. Describe traditional telephony and network layouts.
2. Discuss mobile telephony and cellular service.
3. What is GSM, and how does it work?
4. Do digital signals from phone to towers utilize low bandwidth or high bandwidth usage? Expand on the answer.
5. Are GSM specifications hardware-specific? Why or why not?
6. Describe FDMA, TDMA, and CDMA. Differentiate their subtle applicability. Then an example of a provider for each of these technologies.
7. Enumerate IP Telephony Network issues and vulnerabilities, and briefly describe each issue or vulnerability. List some frequent attacks on IP Telephony.
8. Define “rogue” and “softphone.”
9. List IP Phone countermeasures (at least 5).