For questions 1 and 2, 250-400 words. One resource required for each answer. These DO NOT have to be written out in an APA paper format, and can just be listed as question and answers.
1. According to the 2014 ACA code of ethics â€œCounselors respect the diversity of clients, trainees, and research participants and seek training in areas in which they are at risk of imposing their values onto clients, especially when the counselorâ€™s values are inconsistent with the clientâ€™s goals or are discriminatory in nature.” Review Butman and Yarhouseâ€™s article â€œPsychopathology Through the Eyes of Faith: Integrative Reflections for the Classroom and Beyondâ€ and briefly describe their approach to teaching psychopathology. Identify two or three elements you find interesting about their method of teaching psychopathology and explain why they are important to you. https://search-proquest-com.lopes.idm.oclc.org/doc…
2. Oftentimes, the presentation of mental illness is regarded as scary or threatening. How is this concept perpetuated in the media and other social outlets? Discuss and provide at least two examples of how this is occurring in society today.
For the following 4 questions, 150-200 words, one resource each.
These DO NOT have to be written out in an APA paper format, and can just be listed as question and answers.
These 4 questions are from the book, DSM-5 in Action, 3rd Edition, Sophia F. Dziegielewsky, which can be used as a resource for all 4 questions.
1. Is there a difference between the terms diagnosis and assessment. How would you define the diagnostic assessment, and what client-relevant factors are the most important to identify?
2. What do you believe is the most helpful aspects of using manuals such as the DSM-5 in professional practice?
3. List two reasons that culture is so important to consider in the diagnostic assessment?
4. Can you list at least two substantial changes between the DSM-IV and the DSM-IV-TR and DSM-5