- Explain the concept underlying Linear Combinations of Random Variables and calculate the mean and standard deviation of such combinations.
- Explain the concept of a random sample from a probability distribution.
- Recognize that the value of a statistic obtained from a data sample is a realized value of a random variable.
- Explain the concept of sampling distribution.
- Determine the sampling distribution of the sample mean when either the population distribution is Normal or the sample size is large.