Applying Servant Leadership
Select and research a contemporary political, social, religious, or business leader to learn about how this leader or organization employs Greenleaf’s principles of servant leadership to motivate, influence, and lead others.
If you need assistance identifying potential leaders, you may use the “Individual and Corporate Servant Leaders” handout in the study materials.
Use 3 Creditable sources and APA citation
Write a 500-750-word paper that addresses the following components:
- Summary of the principles of servant leadership employed by the leader to motivate, inspire, and lead others;
- Specific examples to illustrate the leader’s application of servant leadership principles;
- Information about the unique way the leader exerts influence and inspires followership; and
- Discussion of what would you seek to emulate or see more of in your own organization from both the people who lead you and the leadership you provide to others.
Use a minimum three resources to strengthen and support your claims. Each section of your essay should use in text citations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
Follow the rules of the Rubic
- 1.Principles of servant leadership employed by the leader to motivate, inspire, and lead others include a thorough and insightful explanation and supporting citations.
- 2.Examples illustrating the application of servant leadership principles are thoroughly explained with insightful details and supporting citations.
- 3.The unique way the leader inspires followership is thoroughly explained with insightful details and supporting citations.
- 4.Leadership qualities to emulate includes a thorough explanation for personal application and supporting citations.
- 5.Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
- 6.Clear and convincing argument that presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
- 7.Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
- 8.All format elements are correct.