Write a short report illustrating an example of a project undertaken by a company, municipality, or non-profit organization demonstrating how this project links to the organization’s mission, vision, and values. If possible, show the numerical rationale (NPV, IRR, Payback Period) used as a rationale.
Structure, Organization, Ease of reading, Grammar: 2 Points
- Did you write this to be easy to read? For example, have you avoided huge blocks of text with no headers? Did you use (sparingly but where needed) highlighting (bold, underline, italic text)?
- Did you follow the structure of the sample Assignment 1?
- Did you follow the advice given in the lectures and From Your Instructor about the format?
- Did you follow rules of English grammar, spelling, and syntax? Did you fix errors pointed out via Wordâ€™s editing capabilities (e.g. squiggly blue or red underlined text)?
Content: 5 Points
- Did you find an interesting project? Did it come across that you yourself seemed interested in the project?
- Did you inform the reader about the project so that you could discuss it intelligently with someone else?
- Did you link the project to the organizationâ€™s mission, vision, and values?
- Did you make assertions, such as â€œthis project was a successâ€, or â€œthis project is used as an example a to how NOT to run a projectâ€.
- Did you provide numbers â€“ percentages, monetary amounts, resources used, etc., to make their point? In particular, did you tie into the course content regarding NPV, IRR, Payback Period as suggested?
References and resources: 1 Point
- Did you provide at least 2 references to a business journal or scholarly source to make a connection to the principles of mission, vision, values, benefits realization, charter creation, or other project, program, or portfolio concept?
Other things to consider:
- Did you add value from your own professional and/or personal experience
- Did you make appropriate use of figures and tables in an appendix? Don’t substitute quantity for quality here – one good, relevant, and meaningful small table is worth 100 randomly inserted graphs and charts.
Examples (for structure ideas, just to be familiar with what has been submitted – not to be copied of course)
- See attached examples at top of this Assignment description