Link to the video
After you have watched the TED Talk, respond to the following questions:
- What is Cohen’s point/purpose and audience for this talk? What clues does he give you to suggest that?
- What benefits of argument do we miss by arguing the way we do?
- Do you see Cohen utilize any rhetorical strategies as he gives his talk? Any logical fallacies? Which ones and where does he use/commit them?
- Is Cohen successful or not is reaching his audience? Why?
- What was your big takeaway or AHA moment from this video? Why did you connect with it?
Note: Your initial response should be 200-300 words per question. Your response to a classmate should be 150-200 words long and be more than “I agree” or “I like what you said.” Engage in conversation!