In this module you will begin working on Phase 3 of your course project. Using the same data set and variables the following analysis:
- Discuss the process for hypothesis testing.
- Discuss the 8 steps of hypothesis testing?
- When performing the 8 steps for hypothesis testing, which method do you prefer; P-Value method or Critical Value method? Why?
- Perform the hypothesis test.
- Original Claim: The average age of all patients admitted to the hospital with infectious diseases is less than 65 years of age.
- Test the claim using Î± = 0.05 and assume your data is normally distributed and Ïƒ, the population standard deviation, is unknown.
- Based on your selected topic, answer the following:
- Write the null and alternative hypothesis symbolically and identify which hypothesis is the claim.
- Is the test two-tailed, left-tailed, or right-tailed? Explain.
- Which test statistic will you use for your hypothesis test; z-test or t-test? Explain.
- What is the value of the test-statistic? What is the P-value?
- What is the critical value?
- What is your decision; reject the null or do not reject the null?
- Explain why you made your decision including the results for your p-value method or the critical value method.
- State the final conclusion in non-technical terms.
Please show your work for the construction of the test-statistic and explain your process for finding the p-value and critical value. Be sure to use the Equation Editor to format your equations.
This assignment should be formatted using APA guidelines and a minimum of 2 pages in length.