Understanding the role and scope of major health care regulatory bodies involved in improving health care quality is important for a successful health care leader. Explore the resources available on the websites of each of the following organizations:
- Agency for Healthcare Research & Quality (AHRQ). www.ahrq.gov (Links to an external site.)
- Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Healthcare. www.aaahc.org (Links to an external site.)
- Joint Commission. www.jointcommission.org (Links to an external site.)
Prepare a short paper (approximately 3 pages) that addresses the following questions for each organization.
- Briefly describe the role and mission of the organization. What is the organization’s position, or focus, regarding health care quality.
- What type of data is available on the website? Describe at least 2 data resources available from each organization.
- Briefly explain at least 1 major quality improvement initiative that the organization is focused on. Why is it important?
- As a health care leader, how would you utilize the data or resources provided by each organization? Be specific about the health care sector you are addressing and give an example of who the data/resources would be used to improve.